Sunday 19 February 2017

Negotiation Skills

Wednesday February  15, 2017
Missing the flight to Ethiopia was not only a let down in terms of lost experiences, but presented some financial implications. The airline fee to change the date of our flight was set at $1050.00. I did not feel this fee should be imposed since we could have been allowed to travel onto Ethiopia and await our documents there. Nate accompanied me on the half hour train journey to the outskirts of Brussels where I presented my case to an Ethiopian Air representative. My negotiation skills, tone of voice, word choice and body language must have been strong since at the end of my presentation the rep was not only pleading my case for me to the airline (the fees were waived) but recommending that I seek financial remuneration from the airline for being wrongfully denied boarding of my flight Saturday evening.