Friday 11 August 2017

Return to Tokyo

August 11, 2017

Kyoto to Tokyo, Japan

Riding the skinkansen is always smooth and comfortable. The hakari took us from Kyoto to Tokyo station where we needed to take the city trains to find our apartment for our last night sleeping in a bed.

Hikara 464 pulling in exactly on time at exactly the right spot on the platform in Kyoto.

We may be running out of steam, but I was not willing to stay in the apartment from when we arrived at 4:00. Having everyone hungry helped get the boys out.



I like the Japanlish we see around the country. I do well when it comes to the listening and reading comprehension. I struggle, however, with speaking and writing this language.




A walk to Shinjuku took half an hour. Too early to call it a night as much as the boys do not want to be out. Shinjuku is well lit and lively any night of the week. It feels cool tonight. I have not felt cool since the end of May.



It will be a long day tomorrow. Oya sumi nasi my boys.