Sunday 5 March 2017

The Cape Peninsula Tour Continued

March 1, 2017
From Boulders Beach we continued on to the Cape of Good Hope. The cliffs at the south point are more than 200 meters above sea level. We saw signs warning us to be careful of baboons. I was quick to discard my banana peel as we climbed to see the lighthouse.



 The tip of the Cape Peninsula.

We were on the lookout for these as well, but alas, there were none out this day.

The drive home to Cape Town had us over Chapman's peak (close to 600m high). This roadway has been thought of as one of the most scenic drives in the world. My clinging to the door and gritting my teeth makes it hard for me to give it this distinction. It is an engineering feat!


Views from a stop after we came down from the top. Continued through Hout Bay to Cape Town.